Thursday, June 13, 2013

HMFMC146

I was fortunate enough to win the House Mouse & Friends Challenge twice recently, and one of the prizes was a gift certificate to the House Mouse store! As soon as I received the prize code, I ordered some new mousey stamps and they arrived in 2 days!! I decided the time was right to get one of these "great catch" stamps for myself since my friend Donna makes the most adorable cards with this image! I colored him with Copics, adding fluorescent inks to the baseball cap. The sentiment is by Simon Says Stamp - another great stamp set I won! The die cut is SB labels 25, and I embossed a piece of brown cardstock with a diamonds in the rough embossing folder by CB. The dsp is by K& Co and has baseball words all throughout, with the word "catcher" at the very top. I matted everything with teal cardstock and added some blue & yellow star gems for the final touch. Thanks for the inspiration Donna, and thanks to House Mouse for the great prize!! Thanks to Simon Says Stamp for sending me such a fun stamp set too!!

This card is for the House Mouse & Friends Challenge HMFMC146 - make a Father's day or masculine card.

That's it for me - 2 posts is enough for one day :)

Carol

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

I've got this same stamp yet my cards with it have never looked this good!!! Love the brightness on his little cap! CUTE card and a great sentiment.
Congrats again on those wins!!! WooHoo!
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card! Very nicely done. I was surprised when I won my stamps from House Mouse how quickly they came. Nice surprise...Congrats on your win.

downrightcrafty said...

love this image and gorgeous colouring with a super layout, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Donna Hanley said...

This card is the best I've ever seen with this stamp. I love how bright and colorful it is. Nice how you used the stars end the embossing with the stars. That b/g paper is ideal and really adds to the cheery feel. Neon hat- great thought and I love that sentiment. Thanks for the shout out and I'm glad you won both times at HM&F- you truly deserved both wins. Your cards were phenomenal, but then again I think all of your cards are phenomenal. It's raining to beat the band here today but I'm working all day so that's all right with me. Enjoy the weekend.

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, I love your beautifully coloured image and great papers.
Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends.
Pauline GDT
x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol :-) Congratulations on your wins !! the image is adorable and I love how you teamed him up with the sentiment ,, a perfect match ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Hi Carol, love this little guy and perfect stamp for the challenge. Colored up beautifully and great papers and design. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Christine said...

Super cute hoppy image Carol great papers & sentiment..the stars make a great embellishment..

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & friends Mon chall ..

smiles Christine x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Beautiful coloring. I like the way those fluorescent markers. They really pop the card. Lucky you to win these stamps. Thanks for sharing at House Mouse and Friends this week.

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness He is Absolutely DARLING Miss Carol! Love your Awesome coloring and the sentiment is just Perfect! And Big Congrats on your recent win's too! Yay!! So Well deserved my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon