Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Here's wishing every mother, grandmother and great-grandmother out there a very happy Mother's Day! I hope your families make your day a special one for each and every one of you!

My card today isn't for any challenge - it's one I made that reminds me of my Mom. She always loved to dress up when she went to work as an executive secretary. Since she's been gone for several years now, I didn't add the Mother's Day sentiment, but chose to leave it the way it is.

The dsp is by Anna Griffin, while the mellow moss ribbon is SU! and the vanilla ribbon is from Pizzazz Aplenty. The embossed border was done with an adorning accents ef from SU!, then hand-trimmed. The dress was done with a SU! dress-up framelit set. I die cut the heart from the vanilla ribbon and added a pearl to the center. The embossed background was done with a SU! square lattice ef.

Thanks for stopping by today - I wish you blue skies and lots of sunshine on this day set aside to honor our Mothers!

Carol

9 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a lovely little card to honor your Mother. So soft and lady like. Happy Mother's Day, my friend.

Donna Hanley said...

Everything about this card is just beautiful. I agree with Mary Anne, this is so soft and feminine. I love that ef. Your paper goes perfect with that mellow moss. You always pay such wonderful attention to the little details, like that precious little heart with the added gem. All those thoughtful details is why your cards stand out from others and why I am able to grab such inspiration from you. Happy Mother's Day to you my friend. Your Mother would have approved of this card, I just know it.

StampTramps said...

I think Donna said it all! You put so much effort and thought into every card you make and it surely shows. Have a great Mothers' Day!

jimlynn said...

Another pretty card with that adorable dress form! Love the soft colors on this.
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too.
Lynn

Sue said...

Carol, what a beautiful card. Love the suble colors. It's especially special because it reminds you of your Mom. I think we are all thinking of our Moms today. Happy Mothers Day.

Hugs
Sue

Darnell said...

Carol, this is such a lovely card in honor of your lovely, stylish, mama! How you have used the papers and ribbon - inspired!!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Really sweet card!

Benzi said...

Great card....love the dress and the border. I'm sure you had great memories of your Mom while making this card.