Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Be Home Soon

You might recognize this as OWH sketch #171 which was posted this past Sunday. I already posted my card for the challenge, but I liked the sketch so much, that I dug into some long hoarded SU! retired dsp and made a set of cards with it. It's a great sketch to make use of those little bits of dsp we hang onto and don't quite know what to do with! I wanted to make a card for the Oozak challenge #14 which is "Anything goes with earthtones," and this is the result.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking this dsp may have been called "outlaw" and I love the western look with all the gorgeous paisley patterns, stripes and  earthy colors of rust, brown, tan & sage. I matted with some sage shadow (another retired color) and made some cards for OWH. The large star was cut with a Sizzix die, and the smaller star was done with a SU! punch, and assorted brads were placed in the centers. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts OWH stamp set and was done with Colorbox white ink.

Here's another one with a different dsp strip...


And here's the whole set....


It was really hard to let go of this awesome dsp, but no one can enjoy it while it's sitting in a bin here in my craft room. I'm feeling stronger as I gradually let go of these hoarded supplies I'm very fond of :)

And now I need to go rest my hand as I've developed a trigger thumb in the past several weeks. Apparently my thumb is not willing to work with my goal of finally putting these beautiful papers to use and making multiple card sets for OWH, but I'll rest my hand, and get back to it again soon. More later............thanks for stopping by today!

Carol

8 comments:

Benzi said...

How super are these cards and I love how you made the stars.

You better let that thumb rest for a while..doesn't it know you working it all for a good cause? Silly thumb! :-)

jimlynn said...

Another great set of cards!! Love that DP you used and what a great design. Perfect cards for any guy!
Now go rest that hand!!!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Great colors with eh sage and brown with these ds papers. Some hero's family will be very happy to receive these cards with this outstanding sentiment. They will be counting the days. YAY for you for these cards and YAY for hero's returning home. wouldn't it be great if every last one of them could come home? I'm so sorry to hear about your thumb. From what I hear that is very painful. Hope it feels better very soon for you. No card making for me today, I'm working on scrap book pages.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I need to have a stern talk with that thumb. You keep creating such lovely things for our Hero's to send home, and it needs to stop giving you fits. This set of cards is amazing!

JD/ Jill said...

Great colors, and that dp works so well with that layout! Hope you are doing better with your hand!

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful set Carol, I like how you matched the papers. There's a challenge at the Moxie Fab that you can link to (It's about set of cards) I'm sorry I don't have the link here, but I'm sure you'll find it easily. I hope you feel better soon.

Wendy said...

This set of cards are amazing as I love that dsp (and i;m hoarding mine too) aand I love the sentiment! You've been on a roll with these card sets!
Better take care of that finger....I have a friend who recently had surgery on hers....

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful set of cards. The layout and papers are very nice! Thanks for playing the Oozak challenge!

-Samantha