Saturday, April 20, 2013

Best Wishes Janet!

This card was made for a great person we've come to know during the past year who's leaving her job to return working in NYC. She's a chef & butcher (among other talents) who works at the farm where we buy pastured meat & eggs. She's always been such a friendly and caring person, and I wanted to let her know how much she's meant to us, so this one's for her!
I used my favorite go-to Hero Arts flower stamp set to make the layered flower and leaves. I used Melon Mambo and PTI New Leaf card stock and heat embossed the images with clear detail ep after stamping with Versafine Onyx black ink. The sentiment is by SU! and the pearls are from PizzazzAplenty. The inside says "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Since the code word for this week's Addicted to CAS #11 is "flower" I'm entering this into that challenge.



Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!

Carol

15 comments:

Cathymac said...

Your beautiful flower literally pops off your card against the white space, Carol...simply stunning! I love the layers on your flower, the shine of the embossing, and the CAS design...gorgeous!

jimlynn said...

Another stunning card! That flower is beautiful and just pops off the page. I know your friend is going to love it.
Lynn

Sue from Oregon said...

I am sure she will love this!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card-and a lovely pop of colour on your clean and simple background :)
Nessa xx

Di said...

Perfect Carol - and such a lovely thought.

Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

Your layered flower looks gorgeous! I think your friend will be so pleased to receive it. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, the Melon Mambo against that green is just stunning. This card is beautiful, simple and to the point and I'm sure she will be thrilled with it. It looks like Pa's lost will be NY's big gain. It's so nice to have sweet people, caring in our daily lives, I'm sorry you will be losing one of them from your life. I'm sure she loved seeing you and hubby as much as you two liked seeing her. Enjoy this Sunday.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Carol, great embossing.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I know you always spoke so highly of her, and that she will be missed from your store visits. What a wonderful card, Carol!

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful card Carol! Love your layered flower. TFS

Cathy said...

Pretty card Carol, I love the dimension in the flowers :)

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous! Love the flowers and colors and elegant CAS look to this. Hugz!

Benzi said...


Wow! The flower is gorgeous. Such a beautiful CAS card. I'm sure your friend will love and treasure the card. I know you hate to see her leave.




Wendy said...

Beautiful card you made for Janet! Love the color combo and how CAS this is. Nice job, Carol!! :)

stressfreestamping said...

All of those layers are wonderful! The colors that you chose make the flower just pop off of your white card. I love it! Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)