Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spirelli with a Joy Fold

Here's my card for MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge #149 which is to make a joy-fold card. I'm also entering this into the OWH Stars and Stamps Tuesday tutorial to use Spirelli. I haven't done spirelli in ages, so I played along and used it for the focal point of my card.  I used some cream colored crochet thread, adding a gold candi dot to the center of a punched scallop. I made some faux hinges for the smaller portion of the card, using a word window punch and a couple more candi dots. I added the sentiment to the little panel on the left which also acts as a closure for the card. It's adhered on 3 sides, while the top right corner is left open, so the lower left of the small card front slides in there to hold it closed.

Here's the inside of the card where I've added another sentiment from the MFP thankful mums and pumpkins stamp set, along with some die cut flower bursts done with a Sizzlit. All dsp is retired SU! and the card stock is vanilla along with some pumpkin and olive.
I was the lucky winner of a great stamp set last week for playing along, so get your supplies and play along and you might be the winner this week!

Thanks for the visit, and have a great day!

Carol

21 comments:

Benzi said...

I have never done Spirelli and I see you have perfected it. Beautiful card inside and out.

You won a stamp set?? How surprising!!! LOL YKWIM

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wowzer, you got those 2 challenges nailed! Love the technique on the front.

Aileen said...

Lovely card. Super use of papers. x

Susan (rainy) said...

The Spirelli is so fun and yours looks wonderful. Great card, Carol.

kReN said...

A spire lulu is new to me. Nice job!

Linda said...

Love that stamping with those papers! I need to try the spirelli...tfs!!!

Kate said...

Fantastic techniqye! I'll have to give it a try. Beautiful colors Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends!

JD/ Jill said...

This card is so pretty and nicely made...Makes me want to get out my spirelli punch again...thanks for the inspiration.

jimlynn said...

WOW! Carol, this is awesome! I've never even thought to do that technique although I've heard of it. I'd probably have thread strung every which way!
Fantastic card and love those gorgeous flowers.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Love this card, Carol. I wash hoping to be able to find time to try that Spirelli technique this week. I've never even heard of it before. Yours came out so nice. The cream against the green really makes a statement. I love that paper and I think I have about a 2" square of it left in my scraps box. I didn't like it so much when it first came out, but then I paired it up with something else and fell in love with it. Great idea for the faux hinges. I love how your mind works. Are you getting the storm that we are suppose to get? I hope not and I hope they are wrong about it for us also. They say it will be long and many power outages. There goes Jack again. I'm glad I have pictures of him to keep my company. Enjoy the evening.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a beautiful Joy Fold card!!! I love the Spirelli embellishment! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a beautiful card, I love the sirelli.

Darnell said...

I'm sorry I can't think of anything other than the highest and simplest compliment, Carol: WOW!

nwilliams6 said...

Carol, this is GORGEOUS! Wow! What a great technique and everything is soooo pretty. Love the embossed flowers inside. I love this card - so glad I popped by today. Hope your week is going well. Hugz!

Pat said...

gorgeous card. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Wendy said...

I have never done Spirelli either but this is gorgeous, Carol! Looks wonderful with those pretty papers and the pop of gold! I also love your different fold on this! Very eye catching! :)

Lois said...

Love your spirelli. I haven't done that in ages! And using the "hinges" for the small panel was a great idea. Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox and Friends this week.

Unknown said...

This looks wonderful! I've never tried that technique, but now I'm tempted! I love what you did on the inside of the card, as well. So lovely!

Nancy Keller said...

Oh that is great and the spirelli accent goes so great with the other images on your card!! Great job!

Gail said...

Carol -hank you for joining us in Speedy Fox and Friends Joy Fold Card Challenge - you did a lovely job on your creation - very decorative! I love it! please return next week for our next challenge - Gail DT

stampingbowd said...

Wow!!! What a fun technique!!! I have never tried it but it looks fabulous!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!