Sunday, March 17, 2013

PSC70 Easter Bling

I made this card for my oldest granddaughter using the Perfect Sentiments challenge PSC70 - which is to make an Easter card with bling and put the sentiment on the front.  I used a SNSS bunny image and colored it with Copics, adding some liquid applique for the tail, and Spica glitter pen accents on the butterfly. I added some glittered dsp made by DCWV that I've had for eons! The bling is in the flowers on the cardstock - you might be able to see that better if you click to enlarge the photo. I cut the image into a tag, and matted with green galore cardstock. The top portion of the card was embossed with a Sizzix damask ef and I made a horizontal border with some bobbin ribbon shaped like little flowers. The green gingham ribbon was from my stash.
I can't believe Easter is just around the corner and I'm only beginning to make my Easter cards! Yikes! What was I waiting for?!

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful weekend!

Carol

12 comments:

Wendy said...

So cute! I love the coloring of this bunny and your pretty papers, Carol! I have so far made only 1 Easter card myself. I have about 15 more to go! Guess i'd better get crackin!! LOL Thanks for the inspiration, this is just so adorable! :)

Benzi said...

What a cutie! I love the bunny tail and sweet, gingham ribbon. I guess I'm not making any more Easter cards. I think I only made one or two....maybe none. Ha I better check and see if I have any to mail. Easter is coming too fast for me this year. Wish it was in late April.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! Your granddaughter will love it!

jimlynn said...

She's going to think it's the cutest ever - just like me! Makes me want to break out into "Here Comes Peter Cottontail"! SO very cute, Carol.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Love everything about this one. That ribbon is precious and the bunny with his cotton tail is so sweet. You GD is a lucky girl. Nice coloring and you sky is something to envy. Enjoy your week. Talk Soon

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I made my first Easter card last night..... good grief. This is a real cute bunny when it's all done up! Love the card/tag!

StampTramps said...

Cute! I just made my Easter cards today - I guess I'm in good company!

Loly Borda said...

Very sweet card Carol! Love the images and papers! TFS

Vickie ODell said...

Lovely card! Your coloring is great and I love your idea to put liquid applique on his tail and glitter highlights on the butterfly. Using the glittered paper was a good choice, too. Thanks for sharing your art at The Perfect Sentiments challenge.

Shannon White said...

Awww, Soo Sweet Miss Carol!! Love your darling little Bunny and looks at those Awesome Fluffy clouds! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Margaret said...

Cute image and lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Hope to see you again. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet! Love the little cotton tail and floral background! Thanks for playing along with us at The Perfect Sentiment!