Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Spring!! LOL

This is the sketch for Seize the Birthday (feminine card) challenge #11.

And here's my card using Razzleberry cardstock along with Cottage Wall dsp. I did some embossing with the SU! tulips ef, and some white heat embossing for the sentiment, then added white ribbon and pearls for the final touch.

Here's the sketch for this week's OWH stars and stamps challenge #165.

And this is my take on the sketch. That dsp isn't really dsp at all - it's the lining from a business envelope that I recycled for this card. I added a few scraps of blue cardstock to accent the black & white colors. Those little punched thank-you's were done with SU! pretty petites stamp set and a matching curly label punch. The borders were done with a retired SU! spiral punch, and the sentiment was done with a Hero Arts stamp. The blue brackets were done with a SU! tab punch.

Welcome to spring! Hah! This is what we woke up to this morning here in SE PA! This is the view from our front door........

And this is what it looks like from the back door. It looks like we got about an inch or 2 of the white stuff, and it's still snowing, but it's beginning to taper off. No wonder Punxsutawny Phill was arrested for a felony last week! LOL That poor groundhog is really getting some hard knocks lately and now he's been forced to get an unlisted phone number! But seriously folks.......can a rodent be trusted to predict the weather? I don't think so......:)

Have a fabulous day regardless of the weather......or in spite of the weather! Thanks for stopping by :)

Carol

18 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colors on that first one and you must tell how you got the embossing like that!!! Fabulous and so glad you're playing at Seize the Birthday this week.
Love that second card too - great recycling!!!
Now, on to the snow!! LOL! Love the comment about the rodent predicting snow!!! So true! All that snow really is pretty though!
Lynn

scrappymo! said...

Too funny about Punxatawny Phil!!!
I love a bit of humour in a blog post!!!

Thanks for sharing those snowy pictures...I'm sure you are fed up with it but it looks so pretty.
We didn't get much wnow here this year so it is nice to check it out in photos instead...pretty to see and no shoveling for me!

Great take on the sketch...i shall have to check out that mini punch...I have the other one...I wonder if they nest inside each other like a shadow lackground?

Both cards are great and you can never have enough thank you cards.

JoAnn Ross said...

Lovely cards! How clever is that to use the business envelope lining paper? Love recycling! Yikes on your snow; makes me (almost) feel guilty about my daffodils and tulips blooming here in the Pacific Northwest. :)

Janice M said...

Beautiful cards Carol! I just did that seize the birthdat sketch too. I like your card alot better than mine though! CAS is so hard for me. Poor Phil! He does about as good as job as the wather guys on tv! LOL

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, Your first card is beautiful. I'm with Lynn, how did you do that embossing with the tulips. Great idea for dotting the "i" with a pearl. As usual you mind is working overtime to come up with fantastic ideas. I will have to remember to use the inside of an envelope also. It looks very nice. Nice take of the sketch. Your snow is heading our way. It is suppose to start snowing here in few hours. We are also suppose to get around 1-3 inches, just enough to make a mess. Good thing Phil is cute because he's not too smart. LOL Enjoy your day and evening.

Denise Price said...

Ooh, I love that you recycled the lining of a security envelope for your card! The purple card is great also.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely card--I love the dry embossed borders.
:) Marie

Sue - said...

Two great cards and love the recycling!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great job on the sketches, Carol. I am trying to get all caught up on Easter cards for family and friends. Have to admit that the snow was rather pretty, but glad the roads melted quickly.

Benzi said...

Super cards, Carol. Rich Razzleberry has always been a favorite of mine. And, who but you would have thought of using an envie lining? Not me. It looks great and good use of the spiral punch. Wish I could think to use it more often.

I think your snow looks beautiful, but poor Phil. Good thing he has a lawyer because things are really heating up for him...not temps, either. LOL

Kay Miller said...

Wow! What a lovely card! That embossing look amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

Linda said...

Wonderful cards as always. Love that you recycled for the sketch card. I am always looking for recycling that can be reused. Very sharp! Tfs!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with the sketches, Carol. Very creative to use the envelope lining. I have done that with strips for Iris folding...never thought to use in as DP. Great photos of snow...I'm glad it melted rather quickly.

Rose said...

beautiful cards and i love the flower edge :) brrrr that is spring???
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Sue from Oregon said...

tRICKY use of your embossing folder there! I can not believe the snow!!!! Stay warm my friend!

Darnell said...

Beautiful card, Carol, frownie face weather you're still having, and outdated rodent! I mean, how old is that Phil guy anyway?!!

StampTramps said...

Great cards, Carol! I got a really good start on mine on Sunday, and then never finished it! I heard that it wasn't really Punxsutawny Phil who did the predicting, he had his identity stolen! Imagine! The weather looked pretty much the same at my house, luckily it all turned to slop the next day and is just about gone now. I've had enough!! Keep on making those beautiful cards!

Lesley said...

Very pretty card Carol!! Love the embossed lines. The snow looks icky! Oh my!!! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!