Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Balloon and a Birthday

The challenge for this week's OWH Stars and Stamps midweek throwdown is a color challenge to use green and blue, adding orange and neutrals. This one took me a while to put together but I'm happy with the results. The image was colored with Copics, and I added some liquid applique to the little tail, along with some blue sponged clouds in the sky. The ef is bubble wrap by Tim Holtz/Sizzix. I left the sentiment off because it didn't seem to fit anywhere :)
I also based this card on the Freshly Made Sketch #77.



This is the sketch for Seize the Birthday #10 - a masculine birthday card.

I flipped the sketch to accommodate this large sentiment by Inkadinkado. I heat embossed the SU! image with silver ep as well as the sentiment. I matted with pacific point and some BG dsp. The sides needed a little balance, so I used my SB square dies to cut the larger silver pieces, and the smaller card stock centers were negatives from an EK bricked pattern punch.

That's it for me today, but thanks so much for stopping by and make it a great Thursday!

Carol

16 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wowzers! These are both totally awesome. I just love that little bear image! As for the masculine card, the silver just rocks! So striking.

Donna Nuce said...

You really rocked the blue and green challenge. I love that ou mixed the orange with brown, it really toned the orange down! Such a cute little bear too.

Donna Hanley said...

Look at you go today. Love that bunny and his little tail. I didn't even know about that ef. It seems to work perfect with this image. Your Birthday card is very handsome. Love the colors and your little diamond shapes are a great addition. I will be finishing mine up in the next hour. It will be my first time playing the Seize the Birthday Challenge. Hope it comes out the way I see it in my mind. Talk Soon.

jimlynn said...

Both of these totally ROCK! Love the tail on that little guy on the first one - and those fluffy clouds! The second card is VERY nice with that masculine touch! Great take on the sketch too....and glad you're playing in Seize the Birthday!
Lynn

Diane said...

OK- I wish you could have heard by awwwwwww when I saw your sweet little bear card! Just the cutest thing ever--and love the tail! Your coloring us fantastic!
Your masculine card is stunning- love the accents- nice touch!

Linda said...

I second all that Diane said. Where is that adorable image from. It is perfect! Have a great day!

Benzi said...

Oh, your little bunny with the cute tail is so adorable. What a wonderful Spring scene.
The train card is awesome with all that super embossing. Wow!

StampTramps said...

OMG, that bunny is so darn cute and your clouds are awesome. Love what you did with the train stamp too!

Sue from Oregon said...

Super cute...love that bunny with the sponged sky! Perfect for the green and blue challenge!

Jen Mitchell said...

Not sure if I'm totally off base, but I think it's a bear! Bunny or bear it's adorable and I love that little tail you added! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Dawn Easton said...

Both cards are fabulous for the sketch challenges! Love that sweet image on your first card and that masculine image on your second! The embossing looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

A couple of great cards. So glad you joined us this week at Seize the Birthday.

JD/ Jill said...

Both great cards. I really like the technique you used on your masculine birthday card. I have a problem making those kind of cards...but, obviously you don't...Very nicely done.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is the most adorable image and you've coloured it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

JoAnn Ross said...

Wow, you really knocked these out of the park! I love them both, but the little bear flat out stole my heart!!

Shannon White said...

Wow! Both of these are just Super Miss Carol! I am loving the sweet little fluffy tail on your first one! Too Cute! And Love the Fab Masculine design of your second one too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon