Saturday, February 23, 2013

Baby Ciara


I used a cute, colored free digi made by Misty for the OWH VCMP, and it's called Baby Ciara. This card is for Misty's OWH VCMP challenge 2 which is "all creatures great and small; cards for kids." I used papers from the DCWV neutrals stack, and added a SB grommet tag with a SU! sentiment. The ribbon was from my stash and attached with a brad.

I printed 2 images, and made a 2nd card for the Freshly Made Sketch challenge 7.



For this card, I fussy cut baby Ciara and popped the image on dimensionals on a top note die cut. The background embossing was done with a Cuttlebug decorative tiles ef, and the sentiment was computer generated and layered on SU word window and fancy label punches. All dsp is from the DCWV Neutrals stack. Both cards will be heading to OWH in my next box, and I'm sure this cute puppy will delight the child who receives it. Who doesn't like puppies?!

Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you a wonderful weekend! I'm stoked as NASCAR begins it's 2013 season with the Daytona 500 tomorrow! Woot!

Carol

12 comments:

Benzi said...

Ciara is such a cutie, Carol. Love both adorable cards.

I can tell you enjoy NASCAR as much as I enjoy college football. Have a blast tomorrow!

Kim S said...

That puppy is so sweet for thinking of you and birthday cards! I love the plaid paper and embossed backgrounds you have chosen!

Donna Hanley said...

Both cars are sweet as can be. That baby Ciara is so darn cute any child will be thrilled to get one of these cards. Daytona YIPEE 'Bout Time! I'm right there with ya my friend. I won't be a happy camper if we lose power this weekend, like the last two weekends.

Misty said...

Carol, you sure outdid yourself. Both cards are so sweet and sure to bring a smile to a childs face. I love the fussy cut too. The papers and ribbons match perfect! Thanks for playing!My DH worked Superbowl for coworker so he could have off for Daytona! W00T!
Thanks for playing along with my part of OWH VCMP.

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Cathymac said...

You know I love any card with a puppy, LOL! Both of these are adorable, Carol, and the textures and colors make them perfect for any gender! Cute!

Linda said...

Who can resist Ciara?! Great job!

jimlynn said...

Both are adorable! Love the snip of ribbon on the first and the embossing on the second!
Yep, I've been thinking about you (and Donna) with that NASCAR coming up! Have a fun day!)
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are adorable. that is such a sweet image.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So glad your NASCAR weekend has finally arrived. Jim is taking a ride to Bass Pro this afternoon, to try and win a fishing trip with Tony S. LOL! Anyhow, baby Ciara is just adorable and makes for some cute cards.

Janice M said...

What a cute little puppy!

Di said...

Two adorable cards Carol! Beautifully made too, hugs, Di xx

Jen Mitchell said...

What an adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!