Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Honeycomb, Hexagons, & A Flower

"Anything Goes" is the challenge for Simon Says Stamp this week, and I made this card using a Hero Arts image that I won from Simon Says Stamp earlier this year. I stamped, embossed, and fussy cut the flower, adding 2 paper flowers and a brad to the center and petals. The background was clear embossed using an IO honeycomb stamp and versamark ink. The hexagon border is an exclusive SSS die that I wove with narrow ribbons from my stash. The sentiment was computer generated and done with a SU! word window punch.

Thanks so much for spending a little bit of your day here with me, I always love it when you stop by :)

Carol

10 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice, Carol. I love that background with the wet and dry embossing. The flower is striking. An all around winner.

Beebeebabs said...

Love your card - you did a great job tfs!!!

Benzi said...

Carol, I love how you wove the ribbon through your hexagon...very striking. Lovely flower, too. Great card!!!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! Love those colors together. That's some pretty good fussy cutting on the flower too! Great ribbon weaving!
Lynn

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous card! I love the bold colors and the woven ribbon! Brilliant! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning card, Carol!

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh, love the color combo!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so striking. Wonderful fussy cut flower. And those ribbons.. LOVE!

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Miss Carol!! Love the honeycomb BG and Beautiful flower! Super color combo! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sudha said...

Beautiful. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in