Monday, October 1, 2012

Merry Monday


My card is for the Merry Monday #35 challenge.
I used dsp from the MME Christmas paper pad for this. Then I stamped the ornament image from the SU! Delightful Decorations stamp set with Versamark, and embossed it with Winter Wonderland ep. I used the SU! ornament punch to cut it out and mounted it on a labels 18 die from SB, adding some silver cording for the bow. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was colored with markers before stamping.

I'm also entering this card in the Dynamic Duos #22 challenge to use Cherry Cobbler and my choice of another color. That color was obviously dark green :)



While I had these papers out, I made a card for the SNSDC73 challenge "It's Hip to be Square." In other words, make a square card. I used a SNSS Christmas Candle digi image and colored it with Copics, adding some Christmas red stickles here and there just for interest. The sentiment was done with an Inkadinkado stamper.

Thanks so much for the little visit today - I hope your Monday is going well :)

Carol

20 comments:

Benzi said...

You're busy today, Carol, and getting some Christmas cards made. Love the candle digi and your wonderful papers on these cards. I think I have that MME pad...hope so.

Donna Hanley said...

Carol Two fabulous cards. I really need to get going on my own Christmas cards. I love the little piles of Stickles on your second card. Off to do some more cooking. Company will be here soon.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Hi Carol, these are just lovely. Best of luck with the challenges you entered!

Wendy said...

Both cards are beautiful, Carol! Love the ornament card with those pretty papers! The second card is just as pretty with your candle image! Fabulous job on both!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Allisa said...

Love your embossed ornament. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful cards!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards, Carol, Are you almost done making cards for Christmas? Believe it or not, I am...Just a few more to go...

Kelly said...

Gorgeous cards Carol! I started my Christmas cards in July but quickly lost interest...You have inspired me to get back into it!

Shannon White said...

Aww, Both of these are just Wonderful Miss Carol! Love the Fab CAS style of your first one and the Pretty candle image on your second one... Which reminds me, I have that stamp and die set somewhere...hmmm think I need to hunt it down!! lol Thanks for the inspiration my friend! 8-

Hugs
Shannon

nwilliams6 said...

What great Christmas cards! Beautiful papers and designs! The die cuts on the first one are so stylish. I have got to get moving and do some Christmas cards or I am going to be in trouble!!!!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous choice of papers - such festive cards!! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Let heaven and nature sing! These are so pretty! You know I love that ornament, and the candle on the second has just the perfect sparkle!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful cards, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

jimlynn said...

Both are beautiful! Love all the layers on that second card! AND you have two more cards for the holidays now!!!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards. ;-) I love the DP's and beautiful images you used - perfect for the holidays! Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both are gorgeous cards! I love your entry for Merry Monday and that wonderful bauble! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

LeAnne said...

Both are just lovely! The papers you used for the MM one are wonderful! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Patrice said...

Great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my washi tape giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html

Lesley said...

Both cards are beautiful and festive Carol. I love that paper, especially the holly paper. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty ornament, Carol! Beautiful papers too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!