Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stars & Stamps VCMP Rebel Challenges

I've been playing along with the OWH Stars & Stamps VCMP Rebel weekend, and this card is for challenge #3 to "use a food item on your card" - brought to you by the fabulous Lisa Oliver. I used an older SU! set called Tart & Tangy and made the strawberries using olive and red colors. The sentiment was computer generated and I used a SU! fancy scalloped border punch on the edges.
This card is for challenge #4 which is to "Use bright colors" and is being hosted by Yvonne over on Penguin Papers. I put some scraps to good use on this card, punching with a MS doily punch and simply layering them over top of each other. I added some pretty ribbon and a couple tiny gemstones in the sentiment - both from Pizzazz Aplenty. If you click the photo, you can probably see them a bit better.

I still have to work on challenge#1, but hopefully tomorrow I'll get that card finished. For now, I'm done stamping for this day :)

Have a great Saturday and thanks for stopping by!!

Carol

13 comments:

Lisa Oliver said...

A Berry Sweet Card, Carol! I love strawberries and your card is adorable! I have a similar SU set and may just have to CASE this one!

Thanks for joining my challenge today - I look forward to seeing more of your creations tomorrow!

Margaret said...

It makes me hungry for strawberries. Very nice card.

Basslady said...

hun, you did a fantastic job with these fabulous creations!

especially the border caught my eye...a wonderful inspiration!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Wendy said...

Both cards are so adorable & colorful! Love the first one with the Tart & Tangy set! The punched border and ribbon really make your strawberries pop! The second one is just so colorful with that MS border punch! Nice job on both!!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally adorable cards!!

Unknown said...

Carol your cards are so pretty! I'm getting ready to have me some fresh strawberries!

Operation Write Home said...

Both cards are FABULOUS! Great job!!

Donna Hanley said...

Carol I had some strawberries last night and they were delicious, just like the look of your card. I love the white dots around the scallops. I always think that makes them pop so nicely. Your second card is very nice. I LOVE the way you did the sentiment. I haven't made a card like this before, but I will try it as soon as I get back to crafting.
Happy Race Day DEGA! my favorite track. Go Tony.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful bright colors card for our Rebel Challenge! Love how you used your scraps! I also really like your strawberries. This has been a fun weekend for cardmaking! --Yvonne

Jennipher said...

Oh wow! two more incredible cards! Love those borders and strawberries.

Benzi said...

Yummy strawberries and lots of pretty doily punched layers....makes great cards. Love both.

Lee Mae said...

Carol, your cards are really cute! I love those strawberries and that layering with the punched borders is a perfect birthday card and looks just like a little girl's dress.

Shannon White said...

So Pretty Pretty Miss Carol! Love the Sweet Berries on your first one and all the lovely lacy layered borders on your second one! Both are so Cheery and Sweet! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon