Friday, February 10, 2012

Stars and Stamps VCMP challenges 8 & 9

I rushed to finish the S&S VCMP challenge #8 to create a jungle-themed card, and completely missed the part where the card was supposed to be for kids! DUH!! Oh well, I'm sure this will be a good card for some "older" kids, or even adults. The image is a digi from StampNDoodle that I've always liked. I printed it on white cardstock and only colored the eyes with 2 yellow Copics and dotted the centers with a white gelpen. The sentiment was computer generated and I added some black gemstones for interest.

This is for the S&S VCMP challenge #9 to "cut it out" - use dies and punches. I used a SNSS border die, cutting one in white and one in dark blue, and swapped out all the punches pieces for a little contrast. I embossed the lower panel with the square lattice ef and added a piece of bashful blue ribbon to the top. The sentiment is by SU! sincere salutations.
That's going to do it for me for today, but have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW to both of these! Love that image on the first one....stunning! And the second one is so pretty with the border die and embossing folder. Great cards.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Both cards are very nice. I love the eyes on the first one. Great job.

Unknown said...

I too love both cards but those eyes on the first one are striking.

Paula S. said...

These both turned out great Carol. The b&w image with the colored eyes is really striking and the Birthday Card is just gorgeous! Such a nice CAS design too. Love it!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

I love this!! So striking. The sentiment is so perfect.

Cynthia T said...

I especially like the color combos used in each card. The black and gold is striking, and the blue and white is cool and serene. Thanks!

Dixie Cochran said...

Love that digi image! I like how you just colored the eyes too. Powerful!

Margaret said...

Very pretty.

Lee Mae said...

Carol, your jungle card is amazing! It may not be for a kid, but it will certainly make a Hero happy to send home. I also like the birthday card. Very pretty border, and the embossing looks really nice.

JD/ Jill said...

The first card is so striking...the black and yellow really pop...and those eyes! Wow!
and your blue card is pretty...

Jennipher said...

The embossing on the birthday card is gorgeous! Fantastic work.

Sue from Oregon said...

very cool....those eyes are very piercing colored yellow! Cool card!

nwilliams6 said...

Both are well done, but the one with the tiger eyes is attention grabbing for sure. Kind of gets your heart racing! Love how you only colored the eyes - that was a stroke of genious!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Both cards are awesome. I love the blue one. I really need to get that embossing folder.

Donna Hanley said...

Carol two great cards. That image on your first card is just outstandingly gorgeous (I'm an animal lover) and the way you did the eyes only really made the whole image POP. Your second card is so very crisp and clean looking. Of course I love the embossing and your swapped out cutouts really stand out beautifully. I love the rounded corners. Looking forward to seeing your vintage creation.

Benzi said...

Look at those eyes looking at me! lol They are gorgeous, I must say. Your second card is so full of wonderful texture. Both are great!!