Sunday, July 3, 2011

Here's a few more!

Here's my card for challenge #7 by Marti of Essence of Paper who asks us to use the "subway art" technique to remember our childhood memories. I wasn't familiar with this technique, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. It's fun going back to those days of summer so long ago when I was a child.......sigh
This one is for challenge #6 by Marianne of Petunia's Paper Passions who's challenge is to "Howl at the Moon" - which is to use a "moon" on your card. I went with the literal version, adding a wolf howling at the moon. Wait until you see all the different ideas folks came up with to use "a moon" on their cards! (giggle)
This card is for challenge #8 by Melanie of Scrappily Ever After. Melanie asked us to be inspired by this photo she posted on her blog. I liked the photo so much I just printed a copy and made a quick & simple card using one of my favorite sentiments. All I added was a red mat and some photo corners from my scrapbook supply stash!
I hope everyone is having fun with these challenges. I know I'm getting a lot of cards completed for my next OWH box. Stay tuned for more..........

14 comments:

Maire Gamber said...

I just love hownyou used the blue and green together. You sky on the second card is ffabulous!
Hugs,
Marie

jimlynn said...

ALL are just beautiful! Really like the "howl at the moon" one. So pretty.
Lynn

Sandy said...

Love these! That moon and coyote card especially. And the sentiment on the last one is just perfect.

Tammy said...

All of these are beautiful Carol! I love your "moon" card and printing the picture on the last card is an awesome idea! It's gorgeous!

Karen Howard said...

Wowsers, you've been crazy busy! I really love all your cards for the OWH virtual cardmaking party! You are an inspiration! Hugs, Karen

StampTramps said...

I love your howling wolf. I guess I need to buy some desert themed stamps......Your subway summer card made me smile....tap dancing! Woo hoo! You always do such a nice job on all your cards. I really enjoy looking at them.

Missy said...

Thank you for joining my moon challenge. I love the setting sun background - great colors. This card is really great.

Elise said...

YOU are simply a SUPER clever crafting Goddess! These are splendid! I LOVE to learn how you ingest these terrific challenges! MEOW!

JD/ Jill said...

More Great cards, what an inspiration you are...I definitely got some great ideas here from you...Msust check out the blog links...tfs...

Tami B. said...

You hit it out of the park with all of your cards. I was going to try to say which one I liked best, but I can't because there are 4 that I really love. Great job!

Marlene said...

I'm scratching my head here wondering how it is you get 100 hours in a day, and I only get 24. Your cards are just fabulous!

Benzi said...

Wowzer, Carol...you've made some beauties this weekend...your wittle fingers must be getting tender. LOL Love them all!

Wendy said...

More great cards, girl! I especially love the "Home is where the heart is" card because that's how i've been feeling! I'm terribly homesick and nothing would mean more than going home to stay! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful cards, Carol. Each one is so special. :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

amazing work....love how you encompassed the inspiration photo into the last card