Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #57

This is today's sketch for the OWH Stars & Stamps challenge #57. Earlier this morning I cleaned my craft table and made time to create a couple cards using this sketch.
This card uses Basic Grey Two Scoops paper, and the sentiment and ribbon are by SU!. I added piercing to the panels for a little interest and a heart-shaped pink gemstone is covering the letter "O" in the word mother. I used Nestabilities to cut the circles and Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp the sentiment from SU!'s Whimsical Words.
For this one I used DP from a paper pack by Karen Neuburger which has pretty shades of lavender and soft brown. I added a layered butterfly (punched in brown and lavender) using a MS punch, and added some SU! taffeta ribbon. I finished this one off with some Kaiser lavender pearls.
Thanks for dropping in to say "hello" and I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!

Carol

14 comments:

Cindy's Card Co said...

Both cards are very pretty. I especially like the bottom one.

Donna Hanley said...

Carol I love both of your cards. The papers and colors are beautiful. I got a kick out of the fact that we both used the heart shaped jewel on our cards.

gbinion said...

these cards are both beautiful!! I really like the 2nd one also!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Pretty cards, I esp like the unusual color combo of the bottom one!

Anke said...

Wonderful cards Carol, I love the second one.

Hugs
Anke

SaDeBuque said...

very pretty cards! love the wonderful mother sentiment :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab style of card for lovely dp and a simple, yet layered card....both are beauties

Heather Grow said...

Beautiful cards. They are going to make some mother cry.

Sherry Hickey said...

Carol, these are elegant Mother's Day cards. Love your delicate DPs and details like the gem, pearls & piercing!

Paula S. said...

Very pretty, sophisticated cards. Beautiful choices on the papers!

Julie said...

Beautiful cards, Carol! The soft look of them is perfect for Mother's Day. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards, Carol. I really like this sketch. You have done great things with using it. You have inspired me to give the sketch a try...

Benzi said...

Very pretty! Good idea with the heart gemstone in the word 'Mother'. Both are beautiful any Mother would surely be thrilled to receive them.

Elise said...

THESE are great! Love, love, love that sentiment stamp: thanks for the BEAUTIFUL reminder, Carol! These are exquisitely crafted and BRILLIANT you, you made two! Yipeeee!