Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #54

I had time to make a quick card for the S&S Sketch Challenge #54. For this one I used all DP from the Mirabelle paper pack by the Paper Studio, along with one scrap of Cranberry cardstock. The sentiment is by SU and was stamped with Cranberry Crisp ink and sponged with Ranger's antique linen ink. The brads are "faux" - meaning they are punched bits of card stock, covered with Glossy Accents. When dry, it's less bulk for mailing, and it's always a perfect match to your card. The vertical panel was punched with a SU! border punch, and the circles were cut with Nestabilities. Quick 'n easy - I like that!
Have a wonderful day today!

Carol

15 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

a lovely sentiment Carol!

Linda said...

Great card and sentiment. Thanks for the "brad" tip!

airbornewife said...

Wonderful card... I really like the papers you used.. and I agree as well that the sentiment is a great one!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Carol. Love the colors! Thanks for the idea for the faux brads, too. I wouldn't have thought to do that with glossy accents but I'm GOING to try it. :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant use of Glossy Accents! I'll be copying that! Did you distress your sentiment while it was still in the die? Love it.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet sentiment...will surely make someone's day....

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done, Carol...

Julie said...

Great card, Carol! I love that Cranberry Crisp ink - so sad that it's retired! Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Anke said...

Beautiful card and sentiment Carol.

Hugs
Anke

SaDeBuque said...

very pretty card! love the color combinations!!! :) thanks so much for sharing!

Silli said...

Carol, your card is sooo pretty, I love the colors!

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Carol! I love your selection of papers. I have to remember to make some of those 'Carol' brads.

Sherry Hickey said...

Elegant and beautiful card, Carol! Love all the elements.

Wendy said...

Ohhhh I love this, Carol! Those papers just drew my attention along with your scallop circles! Awesome idea for the brads too! I may have to try that so it doesn't cost me an arm & a leg to mail my cards! LOL

Donna Hanley said...

What a beautiful card. I love every part of it: colors, sentiment, faux brads - just everything.