Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Christmas Bird

I'm in full Christmas card mode now and finishing up my cards and projects for the big holiday. Yikes! It's December already, can you believe it?!
I used a long-hoarded piece of SU! dp for this one, along with some old olive, bashful blue, and white card stock. I used the Sizzix embossing folder and added some silver beads into the cross points. The bird was done with the SU bird punch and sponged in whale gray chalk ink and layered with the Spellbinders Blossom diecuts. The sentiment was stamped with an Inkadinkado stamp and layered with the word window and fancy label punches from SU! Quick and easy and the embossing really adds a touch of elegance IMHO.
Make it a great Wednesday and thanks so much for stopping by!

Carol

11 comments:

~ Kathy said...

Beautiful clean and simple card, yet still elegant. I agree the embossing adds that little extra touch! As always - love your style! ~Kathy

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice, this reminds me to get out my bird punch...thanks for the inspiration...

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful...I so loved that DP, too bad they retired it!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so PRETTY! I almost ordered that embossing folder online last night (I couldn't find it at the Lancaster AC Moore), but then decided against spending the money with no coupon. I'll have to check the Reading AC Moore and see if they have it :)

Silli said...

Oh Carol, your card is pretty, love the bg, love the sweet bird...HUGS

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty...love the scoring details....really brings an elegance to the white spaces

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Carol what a wonderful card, I love the bird and the background.

Hugs
Anke

Susan (rainy) said...

I love that embossing folder and how you added the silver beading. Beautiful card, Carol.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I may have to case this for some quick cards! Here sits the bird punch looking at me! Lovely design, Carol!

Benzi said...

I love that Sizzix embossing folder and the addition of those
silver beads is so pretty! Who doesn't love that bird punch? Beautifully created card!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Carol!