Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Danny!

My good friend Danny is celebrating his birthday today and I thought it was the perfect time to post his card here since it was already mailed out. Danny is a firefighter who lives in MD and is a motorcycle enthusiast, so I thought this image would be perfect for his card. It's done in teal, silver and black, and I thought the diamond plate embossing would be a great touch for a guy's card. I always save those brown protective stamp papers that my SU! stamps come with, and for this card I used that brown paper as a mask over the image and sponged around it. I thought it gave a sort of spotlight effect. I distressed the edges, added some square silver brads, and the sentiment is a sticker. That's a Tim Holtz texture fades embossing folder working the black in the background.
Have a wonderful Monday and thanks for stopping by today. And Danny, if you're lurking around, have a fabulous birthday!!

Carol

10 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love all the awesome "chrome" on this sensational birthday card for Danny!! So perfect for your motorcycle image!! Great design, Carol!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Look how manly this is! That bike stamp is awesome, Carol! Don't know ya, Danny, but Happy Birthday!

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine birthday card...and the embossing folders you chose are perfect for this card...

Joanne (jojot) said...

thanks for the inspiration...I must make a motorcycle themed 60th b'day card for a friend....you have given me inspiration....mine just needs to be feminine....

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun Carol!! Love the embossing on metal and your silver embossing of the motorcycles. Gorgeous color choice!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVIN' the diamond plate pattern on the metal! Too cool!

Silli said...

What a great Idea Carol, love the image... a perfect male card!

Susan (rainy) said...

Awesome motorcycle guy card! That embossing folder makes a perfect background, too.

Wendy said...

This is such a great masculine card, Carol! I'm lovin that Diamond Plate with the embossed cycle! A very nice touch!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!