Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Summer Cooler

My husband's niece had a birthday party for her Mom last weekend and she's quite the hostess! She had her beautiful home decorated with fresh flowers and served up some amazing food and drinks. In her kitchen was a big container, exactly like the one on this card, filled with fresh water and lots of sliced lemons! Of course my mind instantly thought of this great image by Impression Obsession that I bought recently. After the party, she sent us home with a gorgeous bouquet of roses and carnations, so I decided to make her a thank-you card using this image. I used a negative from a top-note die cut for the frame with Cool Caribbean cardstock. The image was stamped in black, embossed with clear detail, and colored with Tombows. I added some swirled Glossy Accents to the contents of the container, and added some MS tinsel glitter to the lemons. I also added glossy accents and dazzling diamonds to the cherry and stickles to the flower stamen. The DP is by DCWV and the felt ric-rac and ribbon snippets are from my stash. I made some faux brads for the corners by punching some matching cardstock and covering with glossy accents. If you click the photo to enlarge it, you might be able to see the details a little better.
As for me, I'm going to go fix a pitcher of water with some fresh lemons for today. AHhhhhhh........
Stay cool and have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

Anke said...

Great summer cooler card Carol, fantastic.

Hugs
Anke

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Lucky girl! I admired this stamp when I saw it recently on the IO site. You have done such a creative job. Love the ripples in the water.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Carol, and since I have had the great oppotunity to see this card "in real life"...I can really say how lovely it is...Have a great day today...

Diane Jaquay said...

You're making me thirsty hee hee! Awesome focal image Carol!

Louise Fox said...

Carol, You are creating some really beautiful cards the past few days, but I especially like the creativity of the water pitcher! Very clever and very beautiful! You are always such an inspiration for me. Blessings, L...

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! That pitcher looks so real! I love it!