Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Color Throwdown #104

Don't you just love these fresh summer colors for the CTD104!! I don't have any daffodil delight yet, so I had to substitute some other yellow card stock for that color.

I thought of flowers and leaves as soon as I saw these colors, so I used a new Technique Tuesday set of floral images for this card. I stamped the flowers on 2 different colors of yellow cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed them with clear detail ep and cut them out. The centers are just punched cardstock adhered with a drop of glue and dotted with glossy accents. The decorative hummingbird is by Inkadinkado, also stamped with VOB ink, embossed with clear detail ep, and colored with Tombows. I cut the image out and popped it up on foam tape.
Thanks for spending part of your day with me and I wish everyone a fabulous evening!

Carol

stamps - Inkadinkado, Trendy Trees (SU!), Technique Tuesday Pocket Full of Posies
papers
- tangerine tango, haiku DP crushed curry, yellow, old olive
inks - versafine onyx black
accessories - paper punch, Quikutz (corner) word window and fancy labels punches, glossy accents, foam tape, EK success small scallop punch

14 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Beautiful row of flowers! So so pretty. Great layout too!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, that card just blows me away!! Carol, the flowers are stunning and so is that gorgeous hummingbird! Love the coloring, you should be in the coloring hall of fame! AWESOME!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness....girl....this is FANTASTIC!! Love Love LOVE all those dimensional flowers...and the hummingbird is the icing on the cake! AWWWWWWWESOME card!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, really PRETTY!! The colors are divine, and I love the stamps you've used on this card!! Beautiful work!

Karen Howard said...

I LOVE the colors and your beautiful card, well done!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is sooooooo stunning...that hummingbird captured my gaze--it is gorgeous....such vibrant colors....this is really an eye catching creation...take a bow

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Carol the colors are so beautiful and your card is absolutely stunning.

Hugs
Anke

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Carol!! I love the colors and your design!! Your images and sentiment just pop off the card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gor-jus! Thanks for the reminder to grab my Technique Tuesday stamps more often!

Broni said...

Wow! What a gorgeous hummingbird and I love the layout of this great card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

JD/ Jill said...

Definitely a WOW! Card,,,beautifully done...

Tammy Hershberger said...

Carol, this is STUNNING! Beautiful job with the Throwdown colors!

ThePurplePlace said...

What a stunning card! It's not only gorgeous but has so much detail, it's like a piece of artwork! :)

I love it!

Good luck in the challenge!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome! What a wonderfully colored image!! Just gorgeous! What is in that water you're drinking up in G-ville? I need some of it!