Friday, July 23, 2010

July's Tiger Lily

I sent this card to a sweet blogging friend who celebrated her birthday earlier this month, and since the Tiger Lily is the official flower for the month of July, I thought I'd post this before the month is over. I used the Flourishes Year in Flowers set for the image, stamping in Versafine Onyx black and coloring with Tombows. After coloring, I covered the whole image with versamark and embossed it with clear detail embossing powder. I cut the image out with the Spellbinders Blossom die, and added a mat of Dusty Durango cut with a larger Blossom. The DP is from the K&Co Que Sera Sera paper pad. The sentiment panel was cut with a Spellbinders labels die and layered with another die cut of Dusty Durango that's split lengthwise, and layered underneath the white. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado, and the ribbon is from my stash. I had a piece of dp left over that was just the right size for lining the envelope, so there you have it!
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a fabulous Friday!

Carol

8 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card, Carol, and I like the way you lined the envelope to match...Hugs, Jill

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous....that reminds me that I don't use that blossom diecut nearly enough! Your coloring is so pretty!

Silli said...

Oh Carol, your card is beautiful...Love that paper and the spellis.. Great work... Hugs

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the warm, sunny colors on this card and the flowers are beautiful! Well done :)

Anke said...

Carol your card is so beautiful, the flowers are wonderful.

Hugs
Anke

Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty! I love tiger lillies!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so pretty...Lillies are by far my favorite flower!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your layout and the tiger lilies Carol!! Very elegant!