Thursday, June 3, 2010

Silhouettes with Gold

I made this card to combine 2 challenges. The Speedy the Cat's Challenge #5 for Mark's Finest Papers is to create a card with a silhouette image, and the Stars and Stamps mid-week Color Challenge is "A Pot of Gold" - which is to add some gold to your card without using glitter.
I started with a piece of scrap dsp and stamped some Inque Boutique silhouette images with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed them with clear ep. I used the Nestabilities Blossom dies and some Moss textured cardstock The card was partially embossed using a Tim Holtz texture fades embossing folder (Damask) and I left the bottom smooth to add the gold embossed sentiment from MSE. I cut a 2-1/4" piece of white cardstock and smeared it with Versamark ink, then covered it completely with gold embossing powder and heat set it. Then I put it into the butterfly embosslit from SU! and created those tiny butterflies. A piece of moss ribbon and a little bow created with the bow-easy, and this card was done.
Thanks for stopping by and may your Thursday be a great one!

Carol

15 comments:

helloholley said...

stunning....just the right amount of gold!!! ;) great job!!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, how pretty! I need to do more embossing.....it's been lost to me! I did do that Christmas card on Sunday, but I think I should do MORE---it's very classy!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This is beautiful It is sure to bring comfort.

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow aren't you the queen of challenges. Love your cards and sorry I haven't been around..but I'm back. Pat
Love your CTD#95 card...awesome.

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so striking, Carol. The gold embossing with the black silhouette image is a perfect combination.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohh Carol this is a beauty!

Claudine Poch said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome looking with that gold embossing! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~~

Paula S. said...

Love how you embossed only a portion of the background. I'd never considered that possibility. Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh how fun! Cool challenge!

Liz Williams said...

WOW, so elegant with that lovely touch of gold in the embossing and in the embellishments. Thanks for joining Speedy's friends this week.

Lynn said...

Very elegant! Very pretty!

Denise Marzec said...

AMAZING details on this one, Carol!....love the pop of the colors against all that white, lovely pattern paper behidn the stamped silhouette, and what a perfect little bow! LOOOVE this!