Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Memory Keeper Set of Cards

My great Aunt Kathryn has a birthday coming up on July the 10th. She's turning an incredible 105 years old, can you imagine?! The most amazing part of it all is that she STILL hand writes all her own correspondence, in spite of the crippling arthritis that's turned her fingers in an outward direction. She's the most inspiring person I know and I'm so blessed to have had her in my life for all the years I've been alive. She has a mind that's as clear as ever, and I love to visit with her and hear all the stories she tells about my family from years gone by!
I always make some card sets for her when I visit her because she loves hand made cards. I used some beautiful Sprout papers by Memory box to make this gift set. I used Scor-tape to adhere the ribbon flat, so she won't have to fuss with extra postage. I used the SU! butterfly embosslit folder to cut various sizes and colors of butterflies for each card. I used a PTI sentiment for the box, and a different $1 store stamp for the sentiment on the cards. The sentiments on the cards were double stamped with CTMH Grey Wool and SU! Close to Cocoa inks, stamping off once for a shadowy effect. I used the Spellbinders labels four dies to cut the sentiment on the box and affixed it with a BG magnet to make it easy to open and close. The memory keeper box directions and template can be found on StampTV. I added a piece of PTI ribbon to the top along with some more butterflies.


Here's a close-up of the box that shows how beautiful the papers are in this collection. I can't wait to give this to her to see the look on her face when she opens it! I'm just in complete awe of her celebrating her 105th birthday! Can you imagine?!
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful Wednesday!

Carol

5 comments:

helloholley said...

WOW!!! 105 yrs old is an amazing milestone!!! I hope she has a wonderful birthday....I know she will just love your cards and tote for it.....they are all lovely!!! ;)Awesome job and thanks for the link....I might just give it a go!!

JD/ Jill said...

I just can't imagine 105! It kind of makes me feel young...quite an accomplishment. Your gift for her is really nice...lovely idea...Have a great day, and I hope you get to enjoy the lovely weather we are having...Hugs, Jill

LeAnne said...

This is just precious, Carol. You must have inherited a lot of her genes!!! What a special gift for a special person!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beautiful gift for someone with such a beautiful spirit...

Sue from Oregon said...

what a wonderful and thoughtful gift for your Aunt. I am sure she will love it! She must be amazing!