Monday, February 22, 2010

Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #5

I made this card for the OWH Stars and Stamps SC#5 found here. We were given a simple sketch and I needed to make some "thinking of you" cards, so here is the result. I embossed the feather image with gold embossing powder on back cardstock, then went around the edges with a gold deco pen. I used a piece of gold metallic cardstock for the vertical panel, embossing it with the diamonds embossing folder and matting it with black. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I was going to put a gold brad on the feather panel, and decided to leave it alone. Do you think a brad would have made a difference?
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Carol

9 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

It's beautiful as is, Carol, and so elegant!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, how COOL is that! Love it, Carol!

Silli said...

Hi Carol, your card is very pretty, love whta you did with the bg!!! PRETTY! Hugs Silke

The Rubber Maid said...

Absolutely perfect just the way it is. Beautiful card. Pat

Cathy said...

Wow! What a stunning card! Your embossing is flawless! I think it looks great just the way it is!

Dixie Cochran said...

Another winner! I love everything about this card!

Caryl P said...

A beautiful card as is, no need to add a brad. Fabulous job with the sketch, this is just gorgeous!

Karen Howard said...

WOW, this is really beautiful! LOVE the gold embossing!!!

Sandy said...

WOW! Elegant....I love it!!!