Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beautiful Throwdown Colors & a Sketch

Over at the CTD75 this week, LeAnne challenged us to use Garden Green, Mellow Moss, and Rich Razzleberry. I coordinated my card to include the SC263 sketch challenge as well.
I embossed the Moss panel with an oval Nestability, running it through the Big Kick with just a rubber mat to emboss without cutting. Then I cut the Razzleberry and white ovals with Nestabilities, stamping the image with Versafine Onyx Black and using clear ep. The G studio $1 image was colored with a blender pen and reinkers. The bottom panel is Cottage Wall dp with a garden green punched border, tied up with Razzleberry Ribbon. For the final touch I added some dewdrops for a little balance.
Thanks for having a look, and have yourself a fine day!

Carol

14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! Love the razzleberry ribbon with the heart border.

dj said...

wowsers--this is gorgeous--that dp is the perfect match for this combo!!

dj said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my card--the sentiment that you asked about comes from the new Stampin Up! Sale-A-Bration freebie--when you spend $50 you earn it free. If you do not have a demostator near you let me know--I would be happy to help you out!!

LeAnne said...

Carol, this is soooo pretty. I was feeling that this combo was not so good...but seeing everyone's creations has helped me through that dilemma! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Carol! I love what you've done with today's sketch challenge and the color throwdown challenge! I'm still scratching my head on something for the color throwdown! LOL But yours is fabulous! I LOVE the Garden Green pc of cardstock punched!!! Very eye catching! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so very CAS and sweet....caught my eye right away

Silli said...

OM Carol, your card is beautiful. I love the clear stil, love the colors and the drops... VERY VERY PRETTY... Love, what you did with the spellbinders!!! Hugs and happy day!!!

Davi said...

Love that ribbon and the layout you used. Very pretty!!

dpkennedy said...

Just a lovely simple and elegant card! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Kelly Braund said...

This is very sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty, I love the razzleberry, my favorite in color.

Silke Ledlow said...

OH - you are soooooo good!!! Awesome take on the color combo...I tried and failed miserably :(!!! Love your card!!! Hugs ~S~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Carol! I LOVE the simple elegance of it. You rocked the colors!

Krista said...

Gorgeous !