Sunday, December 6, 2009

MMSC30 for Sister

I just got this card in under the wire for the MMSC30. With all the holiday fuss, these challenges seem to take a back burner lately, but I needed a birthday card for my DH's sister, so I made it a double whammy and made her card using the sketch.
I started with Prism papers in the Majestic Purple shades of dark, light & medium. The card is much brighter IRL, but I just couldn't seem to get the photo right. I used the Nesties Blossom for the center, and a CB ef for the vertical panels. I tied a piece of white tulle with thread, cut the ends and glued that to the center of the card, then placed the blossoms on top with some tacky glue. The sister sentiment was done on circle punches and both sentiments are by SU! and done in elegant eggplant ink. A few kaiser gemstones and her card was done.
I'll have another card today, so stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is a beautfiul birthday card! I love the deep blue colors and the dry embossing. Your DH's sister is bound to love this wonderful creation! Thank you for sharing with us and for playing with us at the MMSC this week.

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Wow what an elegant card. I love the rich deep colors and your take on the sketch is wonderful. That embossing on the bg paper is FANTASTIC. You lighting really shows it off well. Oh if you have night entered out 12 days of Christmas Hugh giveaway, don't miss out :) I would love for one of our players to win :)
Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Lovely Linda said...

This is just beautiful - I love how you have used the embossed borders - I look at those and think I would never use them, but after seeing this, I am having second thoughts!! You SIL will love this card - it is so elegant and the colours so rich - love your Nestie too!! I am glad you managed to find time to play! Thank you for playing along at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, if you get a moment pop back and have a look at the HUGE Giveaway that is offering NOW. We would love to see you next week at our Blog Hop - there is so much fun to be had and you know we would love you to be part of it!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow this is dynamite and a unique take on the challenge that is absolutely stunning. Just unbelievably pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness.

Carol
MMSC-DT

Davi said...

WHAT A FABULOUS CARD!! The texture from the embossing progression of color and the center blossom with the tulle is so beautiful Im sure your sis will love it!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch!! Love your dry embossed snowflakes and your colors. Thanks for joining us at the MMSC this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Carol...I got sidetracked yesterday...but I wanted to let you know how gorgeous this blue beauty is!!! I don't do blue often, but I really like how this card looks!!! The embossing in the BG is fabo!!! Hugs ~S~