Monday, September 21, 2009

VLVSep04

The VLVSep04 sketch challenge with a twist is to use only black and white on a card. I don't know that I ever used just these 2 colors before, but I tend to lean toward the dramatic side of creating, so this works for me. I went a little Fleur de lis crazy, using the Fleur de lis embossing folder, the fleur de lis border punch AND the Fleur de lis single image punch! The black panel is embossed with clear powder for that shiny look, as are the larger individual single punches. The smaller black Fleur de lis were made with the border punch and glued on the white panel. I used a Cuttlebug floral ef for the 3 flowers and put black brads in the centers. I used a chipboard button and sewed one of those embossed, punched images on with white embroidery floss and adhered it to the white grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado.
Wishing you all a wonderful Monday...........make it a good one :)

Carol

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice, so elegant looking...

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW....this is so pretty, Carol! Love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

O la la - Carol!!! This is so dramatic and gorgeous - I love it!!! Fabulous take on the challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful elegant card, Carol. I love the embossed flowers with the black brad centers. Wonderful!

Dee Jackson said...

Oh I just love black and white cards. What a beautiful card this is!