Sunday, September 13, 2009

KSCC#17 - Back to School

I made this card for the Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge #17 found here. Makiko Jones challenged us to make something using school supplies, so I used a few items from a back-to-school themed scrapbook pack. First I took the notebook paper and punched it with a spiral punch and distressed the edges by curling, tearing and sponging with caramel ink. I layered a gold piece of cardstock beneath it and added a border of crayons and alphabet letters. Since a lot of the little ones hate to see summer end and return to school, I stamped the "oh nuts!" using the KSS Autumn Squirrel set on top of the "back to school" rubon. I stamped the leaves and acorn from the KSS set, embossed them, cut them out, and popped them up on dimensionals. The ribbon has little red and green apples on it, how cute is that?! This one is going to my 3-yr old granddaughter who is going to daycare "school" now. I'm enclosing some stickers and a coupon for a free candy bar and mailing it to her in IN tomorrow.
Have yourself a wonderful Sunday and enjoy!!

Carol

stamps - KSS Autumn Squirrel
paper - red, gold, Imaginisce back-to-school scrapbook kit
inks - sand beige, chestnut roan, walnut stain, marigold, chestnut, potters clay, caramel, Versamark
accessories - clear embossing powder, ribbon, spiral punch, rubon, dimensionals

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, this is so cute, Carol! I love all the bright colors & your layout! Your granddaughter is sure to love this! I do! :)

Have a great day!

LeAnne said...

This is so funny! I LOVE that "Aw Nuts!" Fun, fun card! I didn't stamp at all today, darn it!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this delightful card, Carol!! If I hadn't already retired, I'd the the one saying, "Oh,nuts! Back to School!"

What gorgeous glossy leaves and acorn!! Sensational work!! I bet your granddaughter loves it, too! Especially with the candy bar coupon inside!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Carol, I LOVE it! Have a fun week.... Hugs, Jennifer :)

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS design!!! OMG - what an awesome back to school card!!! I love it - Carol!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the *oh nuts* theme. Awesome back to school card!

Chidori said...

Wooah, cool. I really love this card. Such a wonderful composition ...
Greetings :)

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, what a fun BTS card! Thanks for playing along in the Kitchen Sink Challenge!!

Connie M. said...

Oh this is just so very fun!! What a great back to school card...love how you added the "oh nuts!" hehehe!!