Saturday, August 29, 2009

VLVSep01

I made a card for the Viva La Verve sketch challenge with a twist. The twist is to use little round things. I chose to use Kaiser lavender pearls for the twist. For this card I used olive and eggplant cardstock from a DCWV mat stack, along with pale plum and cottage wall dsp from SU! I punched the borders with a MS doily punch and embossed the focal panel with an Impressabilities and sanded it. I should note that the eggplant cardstock has a white core which is why you see the pattern after sanding. The ribbon is pale plum from PTI and the sentiment is from Verve, encased in some vanilla hodge podge hardware.
I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend so far. It's gloomy in PA today so it's a good day to stay indoors and stamp! Thanks for stopping by :)

Carol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Carol! I'm loving all the purple on your card and especially that Martha Stewart Doily Punch! Great job, I LOVE THIS!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice, I like these colors together!

Denise Marzec said...

Loooove the purple/green combo, and the three layers of that doily punch. I'm so sad...my doily punch broke! I need to go get another one..they make such pretty edges!

Deanna said...

Love these colors together. I have to buy more of the pale plum. I am happy to be using this color again. It looks great with the cottage wall dsp. Hope today turns out less gloomy.
TTL

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your purple and green. I had 3 of those Martha punches and took back all 3 as they didn't work. I sent in a complaint and hope they can send me one that works. Love it on your card.
Pat

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Such a pretty card! Love the embossed and sanded panel! Great anniversary card!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWESOME colors and take on the Sketch/Twist Challenge - Carol!!! The layered borders are so pretty!!! Hugs ~S~