Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Christmas card and back to school!

Here's a composition book I altered for my granddaughter who starts middle school this year! It was done with different Cuttlebug embossed scraps of paper and went together quickly. The flower was cut with a Sizzix die, and the name panel was cut with Nesties label 4 and embossed with an impressabilities. The name is a sticker. I've made her a different altered book for the beginning of each school year and she looks forward to having that one-of-a-kind item that nobody else has! LOL
Next up is a card I made with a stamped image my friend Michelle from StampersDream.com sent me with my last order. I think this image is just the cutest thing, and I colored it almost as soon as I opened my order! I used Tombows to color it, and then used H2o's to color the outside of the cup. I added some Geo sparklers (click on the photo for a better look) to the image for added interest and sparkle, and some liquid pearls to the tree. The hands and feet were done with a white glaze pen. The checkered background and ribbon are by SU and the cardbase is by bazzill. The tag is a word window punch that was stamped with an old Inkadinkadoo stamper and tied on with some copper cording. Thanks Michelle, I just LOVE this adorable image!
And thanks to every one of you for spending part of your day with me :)

Carol

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

How cool! And what a nice image from Michelle. GEO sparklers.....that's a hint......of what's on my card for tomorrow!!!

Denise Marzec said...

FUN cards!!

Unknown said...

I just love what you made for Rachel! And your gingerbread man card is simply adorable! You did a great job on your coloring.