Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tony Stewart! How SWEET it is!!

It's a great day today isn't it? For Tony Stewart fans it sure is! He won the all-star race last night, woohoo!! Ok, I know you're thinking I'm probably acting like a fool, but for those NASCAR fans out there, you know exactly how I feel. I absolutely love racing, and Tony Stewart - otherwise known as "Smoke"- is my favorite driver. I use his smoke logo as my avatar over on SCS. His enthusiasm for the sport is unmatched, and I think I might be one of his biggest fans. Ah yes, that's the part of me that's never going to grow up I suppose. I still love fast cars, rock 'n roll music and anything that keeps me young at heart. Last night when Tony climbed out of his car in victory lane, he was showered with confetti, and as they interviewed him there were 2 sparkly pieces of the stuff stuck to his forehead. It reminded me of a comedy movie where everytime the villan smiled, his tooth caused a glare in the camera lens. LOL Anyway, that's why you see little sequin stars all over this card........that's the confetti :) I drew the smoke logo freehanded with a sharpie marker and went around the outside with a red marker. The rest just came together as I was feeling jubilant over Tony's new team finally winning a race this year............and what a race it was! Heidi, I sure hope you stayed up to watch it!!!!
Thanks for indulging me this morning..........I'm still a little giddy about the race and Tony winning. Does anyone else make cards when their driver wins?!?! LOL
Have a wonderful Sunday and I hope you all find winners in your lives today too!

Carol

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, AWWWWWWWWWWWESOME card, girl! Wow Wow Wow!! I fell asleep last night so I didn't see the end. My husband is so happy that Tony won...but he's also bummin' because we had the race recorded on our DVR and it got cut off for the last five laps...so he didn't see his guy take the win. Anyway, whoooooo-hooo on your guy's win and I LOVE your card, especially how you added the little stars for the all-star race. Very cool!

JD/ Jill said...

Okay, I have to admit that I don't know much about Nascar... but I can see that your card is Great!

Carol L said...

Wooooo Hoooooo! Coolest card ever! What an awesome race that was, watching Tony win and his excitement when he did! Great, great, great card! Love how you made the "Smoke"...too cool!

As Darryl Waltrip would say "Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's give Carol a hand for her rockin' racin' card, boys!"

Grinning in Illinois

deanna said...

What a great card. I have to admit I don't watch Nascar anymore but I can understand your excitement........so happy your "man" won......

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness...this card is great. That "Smoke" done freehand...wow!