Monday, April 6, 2009

MoJo 81

I had time to make another card today, so I did the Monday Mojo challenge found here. Julee always has the greatest sketches and I love playing along. For this card I used the flower from the the Fifth Avenue Floral set. I stamped them with versafine vintage sepia and embossed them with clear EP, then colored them with reinkers and a blending pen before cutting them out. They're layered on silk flowers with a Kaiser chocolate pearl in the center. I used a sentiment from Verve's wonderful wishes set and punched that with a marvy punch and layered it on chocolate chip cardstock that was punched with a SU scallop punch. I pierced the scallopes on both punched layers and added a few more pearls. The ribbon was from my stash and had no name on it.
Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave a comment :)

Carol

15 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, what great colors! Love the flowers too.

Anonymous said...

so pretty Carol, you photograghy is wonderful!

Steph said...

Beautiful card. I love those colors together. Great job:)

Carol L said...

Oh Carol! The colors are perfect! I love the flowers and the ribbon! Who ever gets this card will be so blessed!

Ainsley says "so pretty, Auntie Carol!"

Happy In Illinois

Cindy Haffner said...

Carol this is fantastic, awesome job.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh cool! Love the layered flowers!

Krista said...

Great card ! Love what you did with the flowers !

deanna said...

I love this card. Beautiful colors. Couldn't wait to use that Fifth Avenue Floral, could you.........lol..

Unknown said...

Hi Carol! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I love your card! It's absolutely beautiful! Great colors and I love those flowers! =)

Gracie

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Priscilla said...

love the card..do you need my address to mail it to me ;) LOL well done with the sketch challenge.

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this really packs a punch, too! What glorious colors together....I don't have that set, but this makes me want it (again).

Robin McK said...

This is lovely! The colours are very striking and you had a great interpretation on the sketch!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card! great colour scheme

michelle said...

I love your card. I love the colors!