Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stamp Something Challenge - Green- March 13, 2009

To see all the detail, please click on the picture. So hard for me to explain exactly what I've done.
Howdy! This is for the Friday the 13th, Stamp Something Challenge, to create a card using green. I needed a Birthday card for a BIL, so green was a perfect choice. I used SU set Voila, and first stamped on the checkered designer paper, for the chef's coat and cut out, then stamped again on the green/black designer paper that made up the pants, cuffs, and scarf, and again cut out. I stamped another hat in white and cut out, popped it up. The platter was done by powder embossing the gold, on copper metallic paper, and popped up. Stamped the cake from a Penny Black stamp, the watercolored it, added stickles, cut it out and popped that up also. Then just assembled everything. The card stock is SU mustard, and old olive DP. Saying is a Stampabilities stamp and added a felt flower brad, in olive green. Voila, a Birthday card! This was such a fun challenge, thanks for letting me play! I have also posted it to my SCS gallery, hope this time it stays put! InMattiesMemory

Heidi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is this great birthday card?! I LOVE your paper piecing - it's perfection! I also love all those blazing candles on the cake - too funny! Great job on this one!

Unknown said...

Your card is so, so cute! Would you believe that is the ONLY SU! stamp set I own, and it's never been inked??? You've inspired me to drag it out and create! :-)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my what a fabulous card indeed, I love that rolly polly chef! BR-T

Anonymous said...

Oh, how great to see your art again, Heidi! This is just wonderful. I'm especally impressed with that gold embossed platter. such a great card, my friend. Anne Ryan

Erin... said...

So fun!! His chef coat and that cake are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the chef.........This is really, really cute.