Thursday, March 12, 2009

For Michelle

I was lucky enough to recently win some blog candy from the Stampers Dream challenge, and along with those goodies, Michelle sent me a few stamped images. This image is the Northwoods Monarch Butterfly and it's fabulous!! I've made a 5x7 card, so you can see how large the image really is. I colored it with tombow and SU! markers, and added a blue shadow with watercolor pencils. After everything dried, I rubbed the Versamark pad all over the image and embossed it with some clear EP. Next I added a little bit of flower soft to the flower centers for interest. That fabulous ric-rac you see was part of the blog candy I won, and it perfectly matched the stamped image and dsp. The dsp is from a stunning K&C0 pad that Heidi sent me recently (thanks again Heidi) but unfortunately my photograph doesn't do it much justice. It's all glittered, embossed, and sparkly IRL. I wrapped some copper cording around the punched corners of the image and around the ric-rac and black grosgrain ribbon. If only I'd left enough room for a sentiment! LOL
Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to see you :)

Carol




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol! This card is totally stunning! I love how the colors all flow together perfectly, how the monarch butterfly is colored so true to life!
You inspire me, you are the main reason I create!

Love,
Eating Garlic Pretzels in Illinois

Unknown said...

Oh Carol, your coloring on this card is OVER THE TOP gorgeous!!! And it matches the dp just perfectly! What a beautiful job you have done here, my friend! I am so pleased that you won the blog candy, and that you're enjoying your goodies. {{{HUGS!!!}}}

Anonymous said...

Carol, trust me when I tell you I could never create a card as fabulous as this. Yikes, you lucky girl...you won blog candy. This card is really extraordinary! boy oh boy, you had it goin' on for this one. Anne Ryan